1. Extent of Depot International Warranty
Depot International warrants that its products will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the duration of the warranty period, or in the case of remanufactured standard equipment, for the full life of the OEM maintenance kit cycle within the warranty period (specified by the OEM for each and every printer product when sold new)
- Warranty Period as indicated below:
- Parts (Reman) - 12 months
- Parts (OEM) - HP - 12 months
- Parts (OEM) - Lexmark - Current Manufacturer's Warranty Period
- The warranty duration begins on the date of purchase by the end user customer.
- Specifically Depot International does not cover under its warranty consumable parts such as, but not limited to:
- Toner cartridges, ribbons or Ink cartridges
- Drum or other photoconductive components
- Image transfer belts
- Any other item defined as a consumable by the printer OEM that wears out in accordance to the number of pages printed and should be replaced in the normal course of ownership and maintenance of the product.
- Paper path components such as fusers and rollers are covered under Depot International warranty for the first twelve months only, or for the specific number of pages that the OEM designed them to print before they are due to expire, (which ever comes first)
- Depot International limited warranty covers only those defects which arise as a result of normal use of the product, and do not apply to any:
- Improper or inadequate maintenance or modification (other than modifications manufactured by Depot International);
- Software, media, parts, or supplies not provided or supported by Depot International, or the OEM
- Operation outside the product's specifications other than expressly pre-sale agreed operation with Depot International (such as cartridge testing)
For all printer products, the use of a non OEM ink or toner cartridge or a remanufactured ink or toner cartridge does not affect either the warranty to the customer or any Depot International support contract with the customer. However, if printer failure or damage is attributable to the use of consumable item, Depot International will charge its standard time and materials charges to service the printer for the particular failure or damage, unless Depot International built the consumable.
If Depot International receives, during the applicable warranty period, notice of a defect in any hardware product which is covered by Depot International's warranty, Depot International shall either repair or replace the defective product, at Depot International's option.
Depot International shall have no obligation to repair or replace until the customer returns the defective product to Depot International.(However in most cases where a replacement is deemed appropriate by Depot International, Depot International will advance exchange this to the customer in good faith)
Depot International shall have no obligation to refund the purchase of a printer and all warranty claims or other disputes will be resolved by repair or replacement only.
Any replacement product will ideally be an exact model replacement but may also be either a new or remanufactured equivalent, provided that it has functionality at least equal to that of the product being replaced.
Depot International products will contain remanufactured parts, components, or materials equivalent to new in performance.
2. Limitations of Warranty and Liability
THE ABOVE WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESSED, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY AND SETS FORTH CUSTOMER'S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IN CONNECTION WITH SUCH WARRANTIES. IN NO EVENT SHALL DEPOT INTERNATIONAL OR ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDER OR ANY OF DEPOT INTERNATIONAL’S OR ITS RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO BUYER OR TO ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, COLLATERAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOSS OF USE, ARISING OUT OF, OR CONNECTED IN ANY WAY WITH DEPOT INTERNATIONAL GOODS OR SERVICES. AS NOTED FURTHER BELOW, SOME STATES OR PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY. IN THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES, AS WELL AS ANY OTHER WHERE LIABILITY OCCURS, BUYER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF DEPOT INTERNATIONAL, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ANY CLAIM OR ACTION OR THEORY OF LIABILITY (INCLUDING CONTRACT, TORT, OR WARRANTY) SHALL NOT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF SUCH PRODUCTS PURCHASED AND THAT AMOUNT SHALL BE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER REMEDIES WHICH BUYER MAY HAVE AGAINST DEPOT INTERNATIONAL AND ANY AFFILIATED PARTY.
See Reverse of Depot International Invoice for further Statutory Sale of Goods Terms and Conditions
3. Local Law
- This Warranty Statement gives the customer specific legal rights. The customer may also have other rights which vary from state to state in the United States, from province to province in Canada, and from country to country elsewhere in the world.
- To the extent that this Warranty Statement is inconsistent with local law, this Warranty Statement shall be deemed modified to be consistent with such local law. Under such local law, certain disclaimers and limitations of this Warranty Statement may not apply to the customer. For example, some states in the United States, as well as some governments outside the United States (including provinces in Canada), may:
- Preclude the disclaimers and limitations in this Warranty Statement from limiting the statutory rights of a consumer (e.g. the United Kingdom);
- Otherwise restrict the ability of a manufacturer to enforce such disclaimers or limitations; or grant the customer additional warranty rights, specify the duration of implied warranties which the manufacturer cannot disclaim, or not allow limitations on the duration of implied warranties.
4. Hewlett Packard Enterprise Refurbished Equipment
- Depot International warrants that its products will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the duration of the warranty period.
- Parts (Reman) - 12 months
- HPE warranty on refurbished products purchased from Depot International is no longer valid. HPE will not support the warranty on HPE refurbished products purchased from Depot International.
- HPE equipment in refurbished condition purchased from Depot International is restricted to sale in the United States. No Depot International HPE refurbished equipment is to be exported outside of the United States.